Sunday, September 2, 2012

I just keep running and running and running

1st half marathon

2nd half marathon

"try"athlon
My journey began over three years ago.  One of my best friends was doing the Beginner's Luck running program and she had signed up for a 5K.  We were talking at dinner and I thought that sounded fun and after having twins I could use to get back in shape.  I made up my own training plan, every time I ran I just ran two houses farther that the last time.  I soon could do 3 miles and was ready to go.  My friend called and decided not to do the run.  I ran it anyway.  I started out WAY to fast and had trouble counting the loops around Salt Dog stadium but I finished.  I then ran off and on until I signed up for the BIG race.  I was going to try a half marathon.  In May of 2011 I ran my first half marathon and in May of 2012 I ran my second half marathon.  I enjoy running.  I feel strong inside and out and I am amazed at how far I can push myself.  I completed a mini triathlon this summer am excited for what is next.  Run on Sole Sisters

No comments: