Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Funk

So I have not been feeling the best lately, I have really bad seasonal allergies and this year they are the worst they have ever been.  I can not breath unless I take my medication and I hate taking medication.  It makes me feel all strange but I guess I need to breathe.  Sunday on my long run I had a bad run.  It was hot and I had to walk a lot.  I actually have not run since then because I just do not feel good.  Today I was exhausted.  The girls would not sleep last night and I couldn't breathe.  I woke up feeling like crap again.  I took the girls to preschool and I had two choices.  To take a nap or to go for a run.  It was hard I was so tired but I set out to do an  "easy" 4 miles.  I did it I ran the whole way and when I came to the bottom of the big hill before the end of my run, I found my favorite motivating running song,  "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.  I turned it up and went for it facing the hill head on, the lines "feet fail me not" and "You can do anything you set your mind to, man" stuck out to me today.  I am now sitting here post run still tired and still struggling to breathe but I feel stronger, every step, every hill helps me feel this way.  I feel like running to the top of the hill helped me out of my funk and I feel ready to run again ( tomorrow).

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Way to go, Meghan!

EricAndErica said...

I can't believe you even made it out there!! Way to go, Meghan. Let's blame it on your period...and no I don't care if you aren't due...bad runs & attitude problems are always period related ;)

Angela O said...

Nice! Good for you!

The Mussertons said...

I am totally with Erica, bad runs and attitude issues are always directly tied back to my period! I hope you are getting a break from your allergies.