Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful

Running helps me to realize all that I am thankful for.  In this month as we approach Thanksgiving I think about what I am thankful for lately.  I am thankful for modern technology.  I had a scare on my first mammogram and after spending all day at the doctor, I was able to go home and come back in six months and they will just watch the area, and they believe everything is fine!   This technology is what saved my mom's life, now a five year cancer survivor because she stayed on top of her health and was well aware that she needed to do that, due to the fact that her mother ( my grandma) lost her battle with breast cancer.


I am thankful for a hard working husband who earns free trips that we are able to get away and relax and for family that does everything they can to help me get away from watching my children or watching my dog or picking Paige up from school.  They all come together to help me get away and I am so thankful for that.


I am also thankful for my Sole Sisters and all their hard work on the First "Bare Your Sole" event.  I am thankful that many more children will have shoes on their feet due to their hard work.  I am also thankful that I am able to provide shoes for my children and actually kind of feel silly at how many shoes they do have to wear.  I think I will donate and downsize :)


I am thankful I am able to run, I have had to run less lately due to an injury and while it was hard.  I can still run and I am so SO very thankful for that.

No comments: