Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful for Community



When I first started running, I knew a handful of runners. I had friends who would occasionally run. My husband ran in high school. I once attempted to run during swim team off-season.

Once I advertised, though, that I was running. That I was ENJOYING my runs, that running was beginning to mean so much to me... not only did I meet more runners, but I learned a lot about friends and even acquaintances that ran, and our bonds strengthened.

Our Sole Sisters group formed, and their love, encouragement  patience and gentle "shut your whining and just go!" attitudes pushed me to places I never thought possible. I used to believe I had limits, now I know I can soar beyond.

Our community, too, has come out to show support for their love of running and for kids in need. Our recent Bare Your Sole Event left me feeling so full of jubilation and a desire to do more.

Our online community, our Facebook friends, new "likes", other pages we "like", brands we support... its amazing how so many can come together over something so seemingly simple.

I am grateful. I am grateful for you, for reading this post. Know that you are part of an amazing community and the Sole Sisters are happy to have you here with us!

No comments: