Friday, October 5, 2012

Binge Running

Yes, that's what I did this past weekend. I flew out to visit my dear friend Rebecca in Vancourver, WA and we binged. We binged on running.

Our mutual friend, Jessy, drove in from Cali and she binged with us. I think by the end of the weekend, we were all hurting.

Here's a rundown of our weekend:

Fly into Portland LATE Friday night. Stay up chit chatting.

Wake up EARLY Saturday morning and head out for the Portland Color Run. Run a 5k, get colorful, jump, dance, sweat, sing and take a gazillion photos.

Our new friend

Clean

Colorful

The must  have action shot




Lunch, relax outside while Rebecca's boys nap, and decide we should run again.

We drive out to Saint Lucia Falls (seriously, I should live here) and run 2 miles on trails... not pretty inner-city trails, but trip over roots and barely muster up rocky hills, trails. We get lost. We get turned around again. We take silly Yoga photos at the falls post-run.




We made it to the falls


Stay up late chit chatting, drinking wine and eating guacamole!

Up early, again... this time for a long run. We planned for 6 but ran a total of 7.3! I was on cloud nine. A personal PR for distance and I was amazed... amazed!!.. at how well we ran together. Steady, perfectly paced, pushing one another... best run I have ever had.

Under the draw bridge that connects WA and OR

That's right! SEVEN miles!

Post-run scenic lookout over the Columbia River




After showers, we snag lunch in the car and head to Multnomah Falls where we hike 1/2 mile up steady inclines, a crazy small bridge and plenty of switchbacks... so worth it for the gorgeous view.






It was amazing to see how the three of us could come together after 18 months apart and have our paces match up... not just in running, but in life. I  have admired these ladies for their abilities to mother (and mother so well!) and run, to boot. I never, ever  thought I'd be a runner, let alone on several runs with them! I continue to be amazed by their awesomeness, and just wish I could have shared a plate of pancakes with their cute faces. Love ya, my West Coast Sole Sisters!

Now, I think it's time for a running detox... my shins will thank me in a week or so!



4 comments:

Learning to Parent said...

Thanks for this post...I am pregnant and have been l.a.z.y. with my running...you inspired me to try to find a race and train for it, just to get my butt back in gear. So thanks! :)

Megan said...

I believe being pregnant gives you a pass to be lazy!! Congrats on even consdering a race and wanting to train for it! I think you are the inspiration!

Angela O said...

Megan, you are definitely an inspiration :) I can't believe how far you've come in such a short time!!

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

so. much. fun!!!! i had a wonderful time with you girls! can't wait to do it again! :)