Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another injured player

I hate to say it, but here comes another post about injuries.

This is my first injury.  I'm still not sure how it happened, what it is, or when it will go away.  It started in my shins and has traveled down to the area right above my ankle.  It was both legs, and now it's just my right.

Injuries are weird.  And annoying.  And I want to be out there running.

Wait, what?  What did I type?  "I want to be out there running." 

I can't believe I'm saying it, but it's true.  From someone who never thought she'd run, it's a gratifying feeling.  I'm injured, but I'm missing the slap of my soles against the pavement.  The feeling of accomplishment after a run.  And that's a good thing!

In the meantime I have been enjoying some good walks on a steep incline at the Y, and an early morning brisk walk with one of my BRFs who is also injured.  A walk outside in December in Nebraska!  It's crazy! (I actually just came inside from turning off my sprinkler!)

I think I'm almost healed but I'm scared to start running again.  Soon, legs...soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela, I read (on another blog) that she always gives herself two more rest days after she feels 'better' before she starts to run again. I am glad that you are starting to feel good again! :)
Melaney