Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sometimes there just aren't words....

I can only imagine what those who are affected by the bombings at the Boston Marathon are going through. As a mother, I love to have my family at races cheering me on, to be honest, I think races are wonderful events that hopefully will inspire my daughters to want to be active. My heart breaks for the families of the injured and for the three who lost their lives.

I think there is something very special about the Boston Marathon. It is inspiring to me that so many every day runners work their tales off to qualify to run those 26.2 miles. I watched this year's marathon on line (in fact, I happily skipped my scheduled 3-5 mile run to watch) and watching the elite runners pound out mile after mile at their insanely fast pace was beyond impressive. I was bummed that the coverage ended so completely after the elites finished and the interviews were over. I would have loved to have seen footage of the runners who have careers outside of running. I totally understood why Marathon Monday is the best day in Boston.

I know the blogosphere is filled with many different Boston Marathoner's stories about this year's marathon. Kate's personal experience was really touching and heartfelt.  

No comments: