Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A little off stride....

Some runs just come easier than others. I know this and believe me, I never take a great run for granted, but I have been struggling a little bit lately. I am still on track with my training plan and am even hitting (well as close as I am likely to get in this lifetime) my paces as dictated by Runner's World. But.....

I feel as if my stride is off, even after I am warmed up and at the point where typically I am going strong. In my mind, I am sure that I must look like Phoebe from Friends when she runs. I have weird leg/calf issues that crest and wane as I run. I know my shoes are not likely to be the cause so I am left hoping that each run will just be better.

There are definitely 'things' I should be doing better as a runner. Primarily, strength training! Second, I need to do some cross training to give my legs a break. In an effort to be proactive I will do some strength training while my girls bathe (we have a huge master bath) and I will make Fridays my elliptical days. I think trading an easy 3 mile run for 3 miles on the elliptical makes sense for me now. Hopefully, next week I can report back that I back to normal!

No comments: